Question:
Do you think cartoons are only for kids?
booboo
2006-03-27 09:59:12 UTC
I think not. But over here, nobody seems to appreciate cartoons, they think they are kiddish. They don't understand how hard people are working to make them. What is your opinion?
49 answers:
cammy_pilon
2006-03-27 10:06:32 UTC
No way! Cartoons are no way just for kids any more. Some cartoons are catered to adults like: Darwn together, South Park, and many others.

You are right that the craft of making cartoons goes unnoticed. Tell them to go see Nemo, Shriek or somehting new that I haven't hurd of and ask them if they can't find the beauty in those illustrations.

Cartoons also have "secret" jokes put in just for adults. There is no way a kid would get that joke unless he's/she's got serious issues.

Hope that helps you! Cartoons Rule!
brianalogy
2006-03-27 10:10:21 UTC
Not at all! Animation is a form of art. Throw in some references to past and current events and a few sexual innuendos, and viola! Some good ole fashioned entertainment. Stick a MA 14 rating on there, sit back and enjoy the ride. Innocent cartoons are great too, for all ages. Everybody loves Spongebob! After all, cartoons are made by adults, so adult viewers can see the creativity in them also.
rekall13
2006-03-27 20:47:20 UTC
No, a lot of cartoon kids should definitely not watch as they're full of adult humor and sex.

Anyone who thinks that cartoons are only for kids needs to watch the Cartoon Network late at night. Those are the types of shows no sane parent would want their kid watching.
thenextarmani@sbcglobal.net
2006-03-27 13:29:58 UTC
NO I don't think cartoons are only for kids. Some cartoons have humor even I catch onto late. I think if you can appreciate animated humor then a cartoon is for you. Yes people do work hard to create them... ADULTS make them so maybe there's supposed to be something in there for us.
GambitX94
2006-03-27 10:04:21 UTC
Cartoons are for everybody. I love cartoons! Some people just don't appreciate the good stuff, nowadays. There are cartoons that target adults (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama) and adults are watching them. To each their own liking.
2006-03-27 10:10:48 UTC
I think cartoons are for everyone! There are just so many different types, especially if you include anime. There's something for everyone, whether it be comedy, action, romance, or any other number of genres. People who dismiss them as childish haven't seen all that's out there, and don't appreciate the fact that the ones for kids can be cool too!
mgdaviesch
2006-03-29 13:29:25 UTC
no, I do not. It really depends on the show. Some are more oriented towards children and others more oriented towards grown-ups. There's cartoons that are very graphic and ones that are of wierd things running around that kids seem to like. ;) But in the end it's always the person watching them who decides if they're something for their age group or not.
mystery_angel_1979
2006-03-28 05:24:19 UTC
Cartoons are awesome! No matter what your age it is a great way to just escape from the norm. Plus, I find it to be great family time with my kids. They are actually expanding their cartoon knowledge into the wonderful world of anime... It's truly fun!
MNL_1221
2006-03-27 15:06:22 UTC
Hey, I'm 49 and I still love cartoons. I remember, years ago, a PBS documentary about the making of the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoons. One animator--maybe Chuck Jones--said, "Our cartoons were never especially intended for children."

So there!
THINKMAAN
2006-03-27 21:25:32 UTC
I am in my 30, I still watch Scooby Do with neices and nephews all the time. Cartoon is a family show and they made it for an adult audience too.
2006-03-27 10:00:56 UTC
Cartoons are for people of all ages it just depends on what interests you the most. Some people just need a different type of entertainment.
2006-03-27 10:02:02 UTC
No way! Cartoons are so fun to watch. And, there's a whole slew of cartoons made specifically for adult audiences.
sharpshooter
2006-03-29 04:27:40 UTC
Cartoon are for everyone. the Simpson's is a prime time cartoon that running for the longest time.Some cartoon are direct toward kids, some are direct toward family and wider audiences
2006-03-27 11:43:23 UTC
Most of them, yes. But some cartoons are better than other cartoons.
2006-03-27 12:40:37 UTC
I believe that there's always a child in you. I love cartoons, my favorite is Mulan. I've watched it 100x already, I love Mulan's character. I also like Disney princesses, Barbie and etc.
stanleykrypton
2006-03-27 20:01:48 UTC
If candy is just for kids, so are cartoons. We all enjoy the sweet things in life.
2006-03-27 18:10:02 UTC
I think cartoons are for all ages not only for kids
MENEPRITY
2006-03-27 10:53:47 UTC
No they Don´t! I love cartoons and I´m 38 years old..How about that. I think I´ll never lose my childhood at all
♥LostHeart♥
2006-03-27 21:16:57 UTC
It depends on what cartoons...

Now if you are talking anime...

It's awesome and it rocks!

Where do you live?

I live in USA and everyone (cough, cough- mainly kids to late twenties, but there are older people too!) likes anime.

Everyone I know does!

=^_^=
Suzy
2006-03-27 10:14:45 UTC
I think cartoons are for all ages it just depends on what entertains you the most
stargazer673
2006-04-01 05:41:28 UTC
cartoons are not only for children...think about the adult jokes in most...that kids never get..
2006-03-27 13:20:37 UTC
No way! I watch cartoons all the time!
2006-03-27 10:28:40 UTC
if adults can become kids by watching cartoons then it is ok with me since kids speak their heart out
2006-04-01 00:09:32 UTC
Two words: Adult Swim.
2006-03-27 15:48:56 UTC
NO, ESPECIALLY THE CARTOONS THAT ARE SHOWN IN PRIME TIME ON SUNDAY NIGHTS. THESE CARTOONS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS UNDER 13. SOMETIMES I CAN'T BELIEVE THE STUFF I HEAR ON THESE CARTOONS.
dancesintherain45
2006-03-27 10:06:03 UTC
Not at all, I enjoy the Rug Rats very much! It is all a matter of taste, I know a lot of adults who LOVE Spongebob!

To each his own!
tozie
2006-03-27 19:23:05 UTC
of course not! think futurama and well, hentai... there are even cartoons that are NOT for kids to begin with! like cartoon network's adult swim. :)
innocence faded
2006-03-27 10:03:39 UTC
No way! Cartoons are for everyone to enjoy!
shivayanama
2006-03-27 10:03:02 UTC
In my opinion cartoons can relieve you from stress and will make you happy
cleofox32
2006-03-27 10:03:37 UTC
They are for any age. I love them and I'm 21. I espically love the older ones, like the road runner, and the animanics, bugs bunny etc.
leigh6234
2006-03-27 10:07:49 UTC
yes when my mom and I went to my brother's condo his roommate freddy was watching cartoons and freddy got his mom to watch cartoons to. and freddy maybe he is 46 years

old or older I don't know how old freddy is. if people of

any age want to watch cartoons fine by me I don't care what they do.
EV*
2006-03-27 11:18:50 UTC
no way! my dad and my mum watch cartoons! think of south park! that is a cartoon and it is NOT for kids!
* Chivas *
2006-03-27 21:16:16 UTC
no i don't think that cartoons are for kids well i have my little brother who loves cartoons as much as i do , and well i think cartoons are for all ages.....
The Raider
2006-03-27 13:15:28 UTC
A BIG NO WAY!!! I LOVE to watch cartoons I'm not afraid to say it ether!!
trouble
2006-03-28 18:36:24 UTC
NO at this moment i'm watching what's new scooby doo.

i also like

corneil and bernie

fairly odd parents

jimmy neutron

tom and jerry

aqua teen hunger force

family guy

ren and stimpy

beavis and butthead
estudent
2006-03-28 17:46:05 UTC
I love animation and I'm in my late 20s. It's so relaxing.
gyrl6
2006-03-27 13:44:43 UTC
cartoons are for everyone. i watch them all the time even the kiddie ones.
?
2006-03-27 10:55:25 UTC
NO WAY!! im ... years old and i still love cartoons, cartoons ROCK!!
Loves_Alot!
2006-03-27 21:02:44 UTC
No. What would T.V. be without cartoons.
bed45g
2006-04-01 12:12:59 UTC
i love all cartoons like

simpsons,family guy,sponge bob,

i really can't name them all

but really think that toons are

for every age.
xo_hippie_xo
2006-03-27 15:55:21 UTC
WASKITY WABBIT,, CARTOONS ARE THE GREATEST ON SATURDAY MORNING WITH THE BIGGEST BOWL YOU CAN FIND FOR YOUR LUCKY CHARMS.
2006-03-27 10:02:44 UTC
HECK NO!! my dad watches songebob squarepants...yeah all my family is a nerd
The Fallen Angel
2006-03-27 12:08:53 UTC
nope
ƒallen ångel
2006-03-27 12:07:08 UTC
nope
IamCat
2006-03-27 12:01:32 UTC
i still watch them
Kittylovedogs
2006-03-27 10:40:41 UTC
No!!!!!!!!!!!!My mothers fav tv show is tom and jerry.
ps3forchampion
2006-03-28 10:15:04 UTC
NO way
spikecrazy2007
2006-03-27 16:22:24 UTC
NAW NEVER IT FOREVER WHATEVER AGE
Jake
2006-03-31 05:30:01 UTC
Nope, they are for kids of all ages..................